Plugins Intro Tour Tutorial Support Add a tour on a page with a variable in url ...
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Add a tour on a page with a variable in url

24 Posts
7 Users
1 Likes
(@cyrille-kriegel)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter

Hi Tomas,

i am trying to do a tour showing the user profile page. However this page contains a variable. There is a trick with buddyboss (which we use), allowing to use the string "me" instead of the username, but it seems that it creates an issue when this string is replaced by the username on the fly, as the tour is not able to launch the step. 

Typically for instance https://my.livha.org/fr/membres/me/friends/ is automatically redirected to  https://my.livha.org/fr/membres/cyrille/friends/ . This is the url where we would have a tour launching.

I could also insert a shortcode in the url but i believe it is not supported and would also face the same issue. Would there be a way to have a tour work when the username is in the url?

Thanks for your feedback,

kind regards,

Cyrille

Posted : 01/07/2021 2:34 pm
(@cyrille-kriegel)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter

Hi Tomas, just checking in to see as maybe you missed my message or you might have been off for some time

Cheers,

Cyrille

Posted : 09/07/2021 12:52 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

@cyrille-kriegel

Hi Cyrille,

Sorry, I missed your first message. Well variable part in url is not yet addressed, but as this is quite a needed feature and more customers would appreciate that, I'd like to implement it. However it will take some time to implement and properly test it. 2 - 3 weeks.

Hope this works for you

Have a nice day

Tomas

Posted : 10/07/2021 6:41 pm
(@cyrille-kriegel)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter

Hi Tomas,

No problem, thank you for your reply. That's awesome if you can implement it, that's surely very useful. Sure we can wait for this period of time,

Have a very nice day too

Cyrille

Posted : 11/07/2021 4:02 pm
(@travis-nash)
Active Member Customer

Hello Cyrille and Tomas,

I am encountering this exact same issue, subscribing to this thread to hopefully hear good news soon!

Thank you in advance.

-Travis

Posted : 14/07/2021 3:32 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi Cyrille and Travis.

Most of tasks for next release is done. Would you be guys interested in getting beta version, where this feature is already working, but it is not fully tested yet, especially on visual builder side. But if you are in rush, it can help as to set it up from backend is already quite tested and working. Otherwise it will take 1 more week ish to fully test and fix all new features, as this is not only new feature that is coming:) 

Have a nice day

Tomas

Posted : 18/07/2021 5:56 pm
(@marius-daube)
Active Member Customer

Hi, I would be interested in the beta 🙂 Is it possible with the new release to, for example when using woocommerce,  trigger the tour only on product pages?

And besides that is there a way to skip a step if the element that is the reference selector is not there or is on display:none?

Cheers,

Marius

Posted : 21/07/2021 9:00 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi @marius-daube ,

You can find beta version here. It is already well tested. 

https://deeppresentation.com/customer-area/files/my-files/

If you want to trigger the tour at product pages only, set url of the 1st step to:

/product/{product-id}

Note, that {product-id} is just identifier and you can use whatever string, that you can use in next steps.

There is also a new option Skip Absent Ref. Element in tour configuration, where you can turn on your desired function:) However there is still not properly managed situation, when 1st or last step is step with not set or not visible reference element.

Cheers

Tomas

Posted : 23/07/2021 12:32 pm
(@marius-daube)
Active Member Customer

@admin Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the awesome support 🙂 I installed the beta and it somehow is not working... I did everything as you said, maybe the problem is that I dont have the product id but the product-name in my url? Or what else could be the problem? Can #hashs in url be a problem? Even if I click on the visual builder there is nothing showing up... I attached some pics for further understanding. 

Posted : 24/07/2021 3:24 am
(@marius-daube)
Active Member Customer

@admin 

Posted : 24/07/2021 3:25 am
(@marius-daube)
Active Member Customer

@admin 

Posted : 24/07/2021 3:25 am
(@andrew-wurtz)
New Member Customer

Hi Tomas!

Any way I could also get access to the beta of this?

Posted : 24/07/2021 3:30 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi @marius-daube,

Can you check setting Strict URL Compare and turn it off if is on. It is in configuration of particular tour in Properties section.

This post was modified 5 months ago by Deep Presentation

Posted : 28/07/2021 1:22 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi @andrew-wurtz,

Just added you so you can access it here https://deeppresentation.com/customer-area/files/my-files/

Posted : 28/07/2021 1:25 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi @andrew-wurtz and @marius-daube,

I found a bug, that made troubles in new variable url feature.

Please download new fixed beta here https://deeppresentation.com/customer-area/files/my-files/

Posted : 30/07/2021 12:58 am
Andrew Wurtz reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share:
chevron-right-circle linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram