Plugins Intro Tour Tutorial Support Tour of new post breaks ...
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Tour of New Post Breaks

34 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@travis-wooley)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter

I am wanting to create a tour that walks through creating a new post. However, I cannot as Intro Tour breaks it completely, at least for posts with a custom Post Type. I have attached a screen recording demonstrating the problem on one of your demo sites.

I believe the problem is that Wordpress auto saves the post once you enter a title, but Intro Tour somehow prevents that from happening. As a result everything entered after the title is lost. Additionally, when you do click Publish you are then taken to the new post page with nothing entered instead of the edit page for the post you in theory just created. (On my production site, on your site I end up on a white screen of the new post page.) Additionally, on my production site it breaks things further and actually makes all Admin links go to the new post page until I can somehow clear the state and once again navigate properly.

Posted : 19/09/2021 7:13 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi Travis,

I see I will investigate, why this is happening.

Posted : 24/09/2021 12:15 pm
(@travis-wooley)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter

@admin Thank you!

Posted : 24/09/2021 2:52 pm
(@travis-wooley)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter

Just checking in if you have found anything yet.

Posted : 01/10/2021 4:13 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi sorry for late answer. I was very busy, but going for it now. I'll keep you posted.

Posted : 04/10/2021 11:53 am
(@travis-wooley)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter

Great! Thank you!

Posted : 04/10/2021 10:16 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi @travis-wooley,

It is fixed. There was a bad interaction in frontend scripts (intro vs woocommerce). Please update to latest version and should be fine.

Let me know, if that works for you.

Have a nice day

Tomas

Posted : 04/10/2021 10:21 pm
(@travis-wooley)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter

I updated and the issue is half better. Tours on already existing pages now work (aka when I edit). However, brand new pages still exhibit the same behavior. I checked on a fresh demo site and had literally the exact same experience as the screen record above.

If you can log into your demo sites here is the URL to the tour that is behaving the same for me Edit Intro Tour ‹ Demo — WordPress (deeppresentation.com)

Thank you for working on this!

Posted : 04/10/2021 11:08 pm
(@travis-wooley)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter

Any luck tracking it yet?

Posted : 05/10/2021 7:34 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi @travis-wooley,

thank you for reporting this. There was a problem at our multi-site installation for demo. It should be fixed now, so you can try and let me know.

Btw does it work at your own web already?

Posted : 06/10/2021 12:22 pm
(@travis-wooley)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter

@admin it does not work on my site, still doing the same error. (Yes I did update the plug-in) 🙁 

I’ll check the demo site a little later.

Posted : 06/10/2021 12:43 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

@travis-wooley please update also woocomerce and actualize it's database. You should be asked for it after woocommerce update.

Posted : 06/10/2021 1:04 pm
(@travis-wooley)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter

@admin My site actually does not use Woo Commerce. The main plug-in experiencing this for me is Webnus Sermons, I also experience it with Seriously Simple Podcasts be as well. There may be others to but those two are the major pain points for me.

Posted : 06/10/2021 1:14 pm
(@travis-wooley)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter

I finally checked your demo site and it still white screens for me just like in my original screen recording. Here is a link to the tour if you can login Edit Intro Tour ‹ Demo — WordPress (deeppresentation.com)

It seems to do the same thing for new Projects as well.

Posted : 07/10/2021 11:14 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

@travis-wooley,

I see, in some cases it was working already, but now I see it too. I'll look into it again and let you know.

Posted : 08/10/2021 11:16 am
Page 1 / 3
Share:
chevron-right-circle linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram